Sunday, June 6, 2010

Kitchen sink meal



Sorry for not blogging, my motivation hasn't been high. However with my new phone I have no excuses! On with it...today I had a bunch of left over items that needed to be used. Since jasper went to get dinner with a friend I knew I could experiment on myself. Here is my list of random items and what they turned into:

*frozen assorted Italian veggies.

*one white onion

*pene noodles (only enough for one)

*tomatoes

*spinach

*bananas

*raspberries

*chocolate chips (not enough for cookies)

Here's what I did....I took the frozen veggies and cooked them for about 6 min in olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, garlic, and any sauce u might think nice (I used a sweet Asian sauce...just a tiny bit...and milk to thin a bit). After the veggies cook put in blender to make a kind of thin puree sauce. Then I chopped the tomato and onion to cook in a skillet and 3min later add spinach covered in the pan with a little butter for another 3 min. Meanhile the penne boils and combine the spinach/tomato/onion mixture with puree in skillet. Toss with pasta and add parmesan if u have it. Here's what mine looked like and it was delicious!

What about the raspberries, bananas and chocolate?! Shouldn't that be obvious? chocolate covered raspberries and banana. Hehe yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment