Saturday, October 30, 2010

FINALLY!

What is the first thing you should do when unemployed? BUY A PIANO! lol


Yes I know it is a bit crazy, but we got a GREAT deal. It comes with the bench and candeloperas that can be attached. hehe The piano sounded the best of all of the old pianos and actually looked better too. Its a 1930's Gebr. Glaser, Roda S.A., I believe 1936 to be exact. We tried to look up details on the piano and it's maker, but couldn't find a lot. I do know that the company stopped production in 1940 and most listings were of a different piano. I would be interested to find it's history. Originally we wanted a white one, but decided a classic black piano would be best. 

Both of us are REALLY excited. I miss playing piano a lot and Jasper is always playing other people's. He has expressed how he would like to learn more. We should have it delivered sometime next week. I promise a blog on the delivery alone. It will be quite funny trying to fit the thing over the balcony (we will have to remove the railing). Until then...

4 comments:

  1. Pretty!

    We want one too, but probably have to wait until we have a bit more room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. RAAAD! I think of this all the time when i scope the free section of craigslist and find free pianos all the time. I often wonder why they are free...I am sure we'll find out after your adventure of moving it in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol the delivery was wire fun and interesting! It's amazing how they do it and SCARY! I will post a blog with pics today or tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete