Sunday, July 18, 2010

cool drinks, brownies, and a camera!



The weather here can be so crazy, but the humidity is really what gets me! Yesterday was a cool day after the rain, today brings humidity. I needed something nice to cool off so I made an iced coffee drink, with fresh coffee ice cubes I froze the night before. It was so Yummy and refreshing! Oh, I also made the best brownies EVER last night! I didn't have cocoa so I found a recipe that used chocolate chips instead. They were moist and flakey on top, but not crispy on the edges or too rich-perfect! If you want to try here is the recipe:

------------------------

BROWNIES to die for

2 C. chocolate chips

1/3 C. Butter

3 large eggs

1 tsp. Vanilla extract

1 1/4 C. Flour

1 C. Sugar

1/4 tsp. Baking soda

Pinch of salt

Melt butter and chocolate in a saucepan on low. Let cool then add vanilla and eggs. Mix together dry ingredients and add chocolate mixture. Place in a greased 13x9" pan, bake at 350* F (175* C) for 25 minutes.(I used a 9x9 pan and just baked a little longer,35 min total, until a knife came out mostly clean).

--------------------------

 

I know I post a lot of recipes on here, but that's what happens with extra time, odd ingredients, and a picky boyfriend to please! However, I am actually looking weight even with all the treats! (Imagine if I actually worked out)

One more thing, we took my camera out today and discovered Jasper loves taking pictures too! I will show all of them once they are ready. Until then - keep reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment