Friday, July 30, 2010

A step towards health



With all the big changes in my life it's easy to get stressed out. Stress leads to other worse things so I am trying to  get a grip and add health to my changes. I feel that food can affect us completely for good or bad. If I eat more healthy and make a better effort to work-out then my stress will be greatly reduced and health improved, win-win! Lucky for me I have no excuses because fruits and veggies are not expensive and easy to get in the Netherlands. You should see my fridge stocked with both! Even better yet I have health insurance now, just in case I get hurt working out! Haha So what's my plan? No, it's not some crazy diet and I'm certainly not giving up treats (check in tomorrow for the recipe and pics of the cheesecake I just baked)! I am simply reducing my portions, eating smaller bits more often, and adding the things that are missing in my diet. This includes more grain type foods for breakfast, fruits and veggies as snacks, and balanced meals. We will see how it goes. Any suggestions or great tips?

1 comment:

  1. Use whole wheat flour in your baking! Yes, you're still eating a cookie, but at least you're getting your whole grains at the same time :)

    ReplyDelete